Senior Wireless Network Engineer (Seattle, WA, Olympia, WA, Portland, OR, Boise, ID)
Right! Systems, Inc. (RSI) is seeking a talented individual for the role of Wireless Network Engineer. You will be working on a team of highly skilled consultants across a wide range of disciplines, representing solutions from Cisco, Juniper, HPE, Aruba, Fortinet, and more. Your role is to ensure that industry best practices and methodologies are applied to the deployment, integration, and operational support of our customer environments. This is a full-time position.
Duties and Responsibilities
In this critical customer-facing role for RSI, you will:
- Consult with organizations of various sizes to identify wireless and network requirements
- Design indoor and outdoor wireless solutions for clients
- Specify parts and build scopes of work for clients
- Identify new solutions and complementary technologies for projects
- Plan and deploy technologies for clients
- Collaborate with other team members to complete projects
- Experience working in a consulting and project-based role
- Experienced completing predicative and post installation site surveys using Ekahau Site Survey
- In-depth knowledge of RF Survey/planning/optimization methods
- Knowledge for designing high density AP and client deployments
- Design, Deploy and troubleshooting experience with one or more of the following wireless solutions:
- Juniper Mist
- Aruba Wireless
- Cisco Meraki
- Cisco Unified Wireless
- 2-5 years of equivalent network technology experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the various 802.11 standards
- In-depth knowledge of wireless security, 802.1x, WPA2, EAP methods, PSK
- Exposure and working knowledge of various authentication solutions, such as ClearPass, ISE, NPS
- Solid foundational networking knowledge of L2/L3 protocols
- Strong understanding of 802.11 frames and ability to troubleshoot with tools like wireshark
- One or more of the following wireless certifications:
- JCNIA MistAI Specialty
- CCIE Wireless (preferred)
- Working knowledge of APIs and Postman
- Exposure to Python, Ansible or other automation tools for network deployment
- Candidate must be able to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Prefer candidates with network routing and switching experience with major OEM certification(s)
- Prefer candidates with deployment experience with Aruba Clearpass or Cisco ISE
- Candidate must have a valid Driver’s license.
Compensation DOE. RSI offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package that includes group medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance/LTD, and PTO (Paid Time Off) for vacation, sick and personal leave needs.
Right! Systems provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, citizenship, status, national origin, ancestry, gender, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, religion, pregnancy or pregnancy-related conditions, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Since 1993, Right! Systems, Inc. has been providing exceptional solutions and uncommon expertise to help our customers achieve lasting benefits. As a multi-vendor systems integrator, we maintain high level certifications with key technology partners for one reason: our customers.