*Service Desk Technician (Meridian, ID)
Since 1993, Right! Systems, Inc. has been providing exceptional solutions and uncommon expertise to help our customers achieve lasting benefits. As a multi-vendor systems integrator, we maintain high level certifications with key technology partners for one reason: our customers.
Right! Systems, Inc. (RSI) is seeking a talented individual for the role of Service Desk Technician. This is a full-time position.
Right! Systems, Inc. (RSI) is seeking a talented individual for the role of Service Desk Technician. In this entry-level position, You will be working on a team of skilled consultants across a wide range of disciplines, representing solutions from Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, HP, and more. Your role is to ensure that industry best practices and methodologies are applied to the operational support of our customer environments. You will be a member of the Managed Services Team supporting dozens of customers. Candidates must be able to report out of the Meridian, ID office. This is a full-time position with high-growth potential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide end-user support for troubleshooting and enhancement requests related to desktops, thin-clients, software, and peripherals
- Escalate and follow up on issues as they are assigned
- Perform direct follow-up with clients regarding remediation where appropriate
- Work to diagnose and resolve both emergency and chronic problems related to availability, security, performance, connectivity and overall functionality
- Provide hardware and software support
- Manage and maintain Microsoft 365
- Administer and maintain Virtualization environments (VMWare/Hyper-V)
- Assist with various implementation projects as they relate to Microsoft 365, Office 365 and Azure technologies
- Interface with other elements of the client support structure including tracking client issues, updating client tickets and ensuring closure
- Install Windows desktop operating systems, software, and peripheral devices
- Provide network/system utilization and security reports.
- Create and maintain necessary technical support documents.
- Document client systems and processes to create Run Books and related documentation
- Other work-related duties as assigned
- High School Graduate or GED required
- Technical school or post-secondary education in technology preferred
- Knowledable with the basic compnonents of a business network
- Understanding of desktop operating systems, directory services and applications
- Proficincy in Microsof Office applications required
- Understanding of TCP/IP and network basics
- Experience troubleshooting computer issues in a business setting highly preferred
- Exposure to Citrix Virtual Application and Desktop products as well as thin client devices preferred
- Experience supporting Citrix environments at a tier 1 level highly desired
- Experience with management of Windows 10, iOS, macOS and Android devices with Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune) highly desired
- Exposure to on-prem SAN solutions such as Pure, Dell/EMC, or HPE storage preferred
- Exposure certificates in the Microsoft ecosystem preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated, directed and organized with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced scenario
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Working toward specific industry or OEM certifications
- Work schedule is typically Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm with infrequent on-call roatation.
- Candidate must have a valid Driver’s license
Compensation $18/hr-$21/hr DOE
RSI offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package that includes group medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance/LTD, and PTO (Paid Time Off) for vacation, sick and personal leave needs. (HR to update if not full-time)
Work with enterprise to mid-sized organizations and Fortune 1000 and Fortune 500 Companies, where you are considered a value-added resource to include training, certifications and career development opportunities.
Right! Systems provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, citizenship, status, national origin, ancestry, gender, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, religion, pregnancy or pregnancy-related conditions, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law.