Systems Engineer (Idaho)
Since 1993, Right! Systems, Inc. has been providing exceptional solutions and uncommon expertise to help our customers achieve lasting benefits. As a multi-vendor systems integrator, we maintain high level certifications with key technology partners for one reason: our customers.
Right! Systems, Inc. (RSI) is seeking a talented individual for the role of Systems Engineer.
You will be working on a team of highly skilled consultants across a wide range of disciplines, representing solutions from Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, HP, and more. Your role is to ensure that industry best practices and methodologies are applied to the deployment and operational support of our customer environments. You will be a senior member of the Managed Services Team supporting dozens of customers. Candidates may also work out of our Portland, OR, Lacey, WA, or Bellevue,WA locations. This is a full-time position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on-site or remotely to diagnose and resolve both emergency and chronic problems related to availability, security, performance, connectivity and overall functionality
- Meet with customers to discuss and outline new technologies that improve and enhance their current environments
- Perform direct follow-up with clients regarding remediation where appropriate
- Manage and maintain Microsoft 365
- Experience with management of Windows 10, iOS, macOS and Android devices with Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune) highly desired
- Experience supporting Citrix environments at a tier 1 or 2 level highly desired
- Fluent at scripting using PowerShell
- Configure, administer and maintain Virtualization environments (VMWare/Hyper-V)
- Manage and monitor servers and storage
- Manage data backups
- Provide hardware and software support
- Assist with various implementation projects as they relate to Microsoft 365, Office 365 and Azure technologies
- Interface with other elements of the client support structure including tracking client issues, updating client tickets and ensuring closure
- Install Windows desktop operating systems, software, and peripheral devices
- Provide network/system utilization and security reports.
- Assist in vulnerability assessments and reporting.
- Create and maintain necessary technical support documents.
- Document client systems and processes to create Run Books and related documentation
- Other work-related duties as assigned
- At least 3 years of experience as a System Engineer
- At least 3 years of experience in Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, etc.
- At least 1 year of experience in Microsoft 365 including InTune Device Management
- Experience deploying and maintaining hypervisors including VMware, Hyper-V, and KVM
- Exposure to Citrix Virtual Application and Desktop products as well as thin client devices
- Exposure to on-prem SAN solutions such as Pure, Dell/EMC, or HPE storage
- Exposure to PKI and certificates in the Microsoft ecosystem
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated, directed and organized with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced scenario
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Candidate must have a valid Driver’s license
Compensation DOE. RSI offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package that includes group medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance/LTD, and PTO (Paid Time Off) for vacation, sick and personal leave needs.
Right! Systems provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, citizenship, status, national origin, ancestry, gender, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, religion, pregnancy or pregnancy-related conditions, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law.