You can’t predict the next crisis, but you can be prepared for it! Although we are witnessing an apparent rise of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) throughout the United States, Citrix and IGEL provide a variety of tailored solutions that allow employees to remain productive while also being safe. Right! Systems is here to help you implement solutions to continue your teams’ collaboration and to maintain business continuity. Our services teams, in partnership with Citrix and IGEL, can provide rapid deployment of a remote worker solution.
IGEL OS, IGEL’s next-gen edge operating system for cloud workspaces, can easily run on a broad range of compatible 64-bit, x86 devices, including highly mobile portable endpoints. For users’ personal devices, IGEL’s USB based UD Pocket can temporarily turn any PC, laptop, or tablet into a secure IGEL OS-powered device. Combined with the powerful VDI and Workspace offerings from Citrix, IGEL OS, and the UD Pocket can enable remote workers to easily access their corporate desktop and applications from within the office, at home, or just about anywhere.
Proposed Citrix Solution Offerings:
- Local Gateway: This deploys Citrix Application Delivery Controller (ADC) Virtual Process Xen (VPX) in local/HK cloud region and leverages cloud backplane to get back to Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) on cloud or on-prem. Leveraging the public cloud backplane will most likely be faster than coming across the internet.
- Expand Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (CVAD): This is best for organizations who already have the available infrastructure or have already migrated to the cloud. You can quickly expand your CVAD environment to cater to the additional load. The local gateway option above could be used in conjunction with this if your organization is using cloud computing. Customers can acquire Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service licenses on a 1-year deal. Citrix can create that in 24 hours!
- Remote PC Access: This enables physical desktops to be remotely accessible, like a virtual desktop. This would deploy the Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) to physical desktops to use in conjunction with an existing CVAD environment or a new CVAD service. This is a great option if the additional infrastructure for VDI is not available.
- Use Citrix Cloud on Public Cloud: Citrix Cloud is an ideal solution for organizations with an on-prem CVAD environment without the available infrastructure or organizations that do not have a CVAD environment at all. Either Citrix Managed Desktops (Azure only) or the CVAD service can enable organizations to quickly ramp up VDI workloads on a public cloud of their choice.
Top Reasons to Choose IGEL for Remote and Mobile Workers:
- Easily Work From Everywhere: Individuals can easily work from home since IGEL OS can run on any compatible 64-bit x86 device. The IGEL UMS software can also securely manage and control user endpoints both on and off the corporate network via the IGEL Cloud Gateway (ICG) feature.
- Use Your Own Device: Users can use their personal laptops or other x86 device using the USB-based IGEL UD Pocket, which can temporarily turn any x86 device into an IGEL OS-powered endpoint. This includes those with UEFI secured hardware because IGEL OS is UEFI signed.
- Comfortable With Your Work Environment: Your organization’s Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)/cloud solution is essentially extended to wherever your employees are located, with the same environment that they are familiar with in the office.
- Secure Access to Cloud Workspaces From End-to-End: IGEL’s complete “chain of trust,” which verifies all boot-up processes from the user hardware/UEFI to the destination VDI host or cloud. This applies to both on-network and remote users.
- Extensive Remote Support and Maintenance: Using the IGEL Cloud Gateway feature, support engineers can perform extensive support and troubleshooting, including secure shadowing of specific remote user endpoint devices.
Business disruptions can impact organizations of any size in any location. From weather, to power outages, or even virus outbreaks (like we are experiencing now), every organization needs to develop a business continuity plan to ensure its business operations can continue, no matter the disruption. Citrix is offering a 1-year Business Continuity Assurance program, essentially offering highly discounted licensing for on-prem Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop licenses starting at $22 a license.
A critical component of that business plan is to ensure that users remain productive while maintaining the necessary level of security and control over user access to corporate resources. Citrix Workspace, including virtual apps and desktops, enable seamless workforce productivity, giving employees the flexibility to work from anywhere, all while keeping your apps and information secure.
Learn more/let’s get started by filling out the form below!